Thursday, March 16, 2017

Graham Picks Up Key Endorsements In Runoff Election...

Blue Voice Candidate Kevin Graham

Blue Voice candidate for president Kevin Graham announced today that he has received the support of two other presidential candidates in the upcoming runoff election.

“I am pleased and honored that candidates Jim McGuire, patrolman, and Gerald Cruz, detective, have endorsed me for president. Both men have sterling reputations and ran excellent campaigns,” Graham said. “I look forward to working with them over the course of the next three years.”

Here are their endorsements:

"Over the past several weeks I went out to district roll calls and spoke to the men and women of the Chicago Police Department.   I discussed with the membership several issues I felt were important to both active and retired officers.  These issues and concerns about what is affecting Police Officers and Detectives are the same for Kevin Graham.  After the ballots were counted, a new board was elected.  I am voting for Kevin Graham in the runoff election to lead this newly elected board to change the direction of Lodge 7.
                                                                                       Fraternally, Jim McGuire 018

"I am grateful for the support shown me by so many of my colleagues and Retired members of the Chicago Police Department.  This election process has been grueling and informative as I now have a clearer understanding of what is important to the members of Lodge 7.  It is for that reason that I am supporting Kevin Graham for President in the runoff election because the current President has either not heard the members wants, is incapable of achieving them or both, and it is time for the changes that Kevin can bring."  
                                                                                              Fraternally, Gerald Cruz

In addition to the support of McGuire and Cruz, First President Elect Patrick Murray, who ran with Jim McGuire on the New Direction slate, has also endorsed Graham, recently campaigning with Graham at roll calls on the west side.

Ballots for the upcoming runoff election are in the mail. Results will be announced March 29.